Hello, lovely wonderful followers.
Thank you so much for sticking with me through the spell of no posts. I wish I was posting to say that this was going to change… but it probably won’t. I’ll try to start posting recipes at least once a month soon, but my new job makes it a little hard because a lot of the recipes I would post here are now being used in the restaurant.
After getting back from Ireland (check the post before this one for the travel blog), I immediately got a job working at Bridgeport Brewery! I am now one of two bakers for the brewpub. I help make most of the bread served in the restaurant and get to make (almost) whatever I want for the dessert menu. It’s honestly the best job I’ve ever had. I feel like I’m learning a lot here and I get to work with some amazing people.
These pictures are of just a few things I’ve made since I started a little over two months ago:
1. Carrot, walnut and coconut cake with cream cheese icing
2. Fresh strawberry tart with vanilla pastry cream and rhubarb glaze
3. Coconut macaroons
4. Vanilla almond cake with blackberry jam center and brown sugar buttermilk swiss buttercream
5. Chocolate cake with chocolate chips and chocolate swiss buttercream
6. Strawberry Rhubarb ramekin pies
7. Strawberry rhubarb and blueberry basil mini flag pies (this recipe is actually on my blog here from last summer)
8. Como loafs